BFCC – Services Provided
Provides technical support in building/site design and construction activities for barrier-free built environments, such as:
- Accessibility audit – Verifying the accessibility of a building
- Gap analysis– Comparison of available accessibility facilities with the standard requirements for accessible buildings
- Retrofitting – Improving the accessibility of existing buildings
- Vetting of proposals– Reviewing building design proposals for accessibility
- Knowledge dissemination – Sharing knowledge on accessibility aspects to stakeholders involved in Barrier Free environments.
- Documentation and Report for the works.
Aims to provide awareness and share knowledge among various stakeholders working towards Barrier free Kerala
- Training programme for professionals involved in design and implementation -intends to train engineers, architects, and other professionals,students,and persons in administration in creating barrier-free environments.
The training programme mainly includes
- Introduction to the importance of accessibility.
- Introduction to basic technical provisions of barrier free environments.
- A practical session is also provided with examples of real- life scenarios – especially in making an existing building barrier-free within the practical limitations of site and available materials.
Training Programmes offered:
- Experiential learning: Barrier-Free Built Environments(offline)
- Accessibility for Provision of Barrier Free Built Environments(online)
- Awareness programme for those involved in policy and decision making – to make people involved in policy and decision making aware of the difficulties faced due to lack of accessibility.
The Awareness programme includes
- Awareness on the difficulties faced by people due to lack of accessibility
- Introduction to the need for accessibility in built environments
Conducts research in relevant areas contributing to improved accessibility. Supports research projects in the area of disabilities.