Dr. A. Bisharathu Beevi
– Electrical Engineering (University of Kerala) |
M. Tech – Power Systems (University of Kerala)
Ph.D- Power Systems (University of Kerala)
Area of Interest
Power Systems – Solar Energy– Distributed Energy Resources- Economic Load Despatch- Operation and control of Power systems-Reactive Power optimization
| Lecturer, Government College of Engineering Kannur (1992-1994) |
Assistant Professor, RIT Kottayam (1994-1996)
Assistant Professor, CET (1996-2007)
Accociate Professor, Government Engineering College Idukki (2007-2009) Accociate Professor , CET (2009-2015)
Professor, CET (2015-2016)
Professor (N), CET (2016 onwards)
Recently taught courses
Operation and control of power systems, UHV Transmission, Power system dynamics and control
- Ph.D. Co-ordinator of Department of Electrical Engineering
- Reviewer of Electrical Engineering SCI International Journal
- Reviewer of ELSEVIER Journal
- Reviewer of Springer Journal
- 6 Reviewer for IEEE INDICON-2017.
- Registered research guide of the University of Kerala for Ph.D. candidates
- Member of PG and UG syllabus revision committees of the University of Kerala
- Evaluator of PhD thesis for Anna university
- Member of the selection committee for Ph.D. candidates through CERD and SPEED IT research
- Subject Expert in the Interview Board for giving A grade license in Electrical Inspectorate, Govt of Kerala
- Project Guide for the B.Tech &M.tech students of Electrical Engineering Dept
- Faculty in charge of P.G block and research lab of the Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Technical Expert committee member of Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP).
Ph.Ds being guided: 4
1.Bisharathubeevi.A. Dr.s.Rama Iyer “Economic load dispatch and optimal allocation of Reactive power for loss minimization in power system” proceedings of the international Multi conference of Engineers and computer Scientists 2007, Hong March 2007 pp 2043-2048.
2.Bisharathubeevi.A. A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer “Economic load dispatch and optimal capacitor allocation in power system” proceedings of the 7th International conference on PEDS’07,Bangkok,Thailand ,Nov 2007 Paper ID 0233
3.Bisharathubeevi.A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer “Reactive- Power Allocation and Loss Minimization in power system using Genetic algorithm” proceedings of the 7thIASTD International conference on EURO PES 2008at Corfu Greece, JUNE 23-25 2008.Paper No.608-030
4.Bisharathubeevi.A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer “Optimal capacitor Allocation in power System using Genetic algorithm” proceedings of the IASTD International conference on Power and Energy system (EURO PES 2008at Corfu Greece, June 23-25 2008. Paper No.608-080
5.Bisharathubeevi.A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer IASTD International conference (Asia PES2007 on Power and Energy system) “A New Approach for the solution of Economic load dispatch using Fuzzy logic controller” April 02 to April04, 2007 at Phuket, Thailand. PP Paper No.560-812
6.Bisharathubeevi.A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer “A new technique for Optimal capacitor Allocation and loss minimization in power System using Genetic algorithm” proceedings of the IASTD International conference on Power and Energy system (EURO PES 2008at Corfu Greece, June 23-25 2008.
7. Ashish Varghese,Harikumar, Bisharathubeevi.A” An Approach Generator’s contribution of Loads, Losses and its Effect during contingency” International Conference on Technological Trends (ICTT2010),CET,trivandrum August 1086-1091,2010
8.Mohammed Mansour, Harikumar, Bisharathubeevi.A ”Optimal Sitting and Sizing of Distributed Generation by Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization for Power Distribution System” International Conference on Technological Trends (ICTT2010),CET,trivandrum August 1086-1091,2010
9. Rajeshk.s Bisharathubeevi.A. Hybrid reactive power compensation through reactive current controlled SVC and Active filter National Conference on Technological Trends CET,trivandrum August 19-20,2011
10. Dr.Bisharathubeevi.A Binu A New Technique for Solar Wind Hybrid System With Maximum Power Point Tracking New Technique for Solar Wind Hybrid System With Maximum Power Point Tracking filter National Conference on Technological Trends CET,trivandrum August 19-20,2011
11. Vijayalekshmy, Dr S RamaIyer, Dr Bisharathu Beevi, ‘Study of a P-V Array based on MATLAB/Simulink, that can be used in a DC Micro grid’ . Proceedings of the25th Kerala Science Congress, Vol1.
12.Vijayalekshmy S S,S RamaIyer, Dr Bisharathu Beevi Evaluation of power losses in a short string of series-connected and parallel-connected photovoltaic modules for low power application IEEE International Conference on Control, Communication and Computing – ICCC 2013dtd2013/12page125-130.
13.Dr Bisharathubeevi.A Shimmeer.p ‘Performance analysis of A hybrid DSTATCOM topology as an effective solution in distribution system’ proceedings IEEE Kerala session on 24to26 July 2014
14.Dr Bisharathubeevi.A Shimmeer.p “Hybrid DSTATCOM topology with reduced DC link voltage rating for load compensation “N national conference on Energy power electronics and control (EPEC-2014) DURING 26-28 MARCH 2014
15.Shimmeer.p Dr Bisharathubeevi.A “Performance Analysis of a hybrid DSTATCOM with zigzag switching loss and enhanced harmonic elimination” proceedings on the 5th national conference in electrical science (NCAES’14) on 14th February 2014
16.Shimmeer.p Dr Bisharathubeevi.A “Performance analysis of a hybrid DSTATCOM with 15th National Conference on Technological Trends (NCTT 2014) August 22 – 23, 2014, Thiruvananthapuram, India
17.Ajish J, Dr Bisharathubeevi.A “Implementation of series active power filter in unified power quality conditioner” with National Conference on Technological Trends (NCTT 2015) September 11-12, 2015, Thiruvananthapuram, India
18.Sanjay P, Dr Bisharathubeevi.A “Analysis of optimal location of superconducting fault current limiter for smart grid applications” with National Conference on Technological Trends (NCTT 2016) September, 2016, Thiruvananthapuram, India
19. Asif M T, Dr Bisharathubeevi.A “ A new methodology for zone 3 protection during load encroachment” with National Conference on Technological Trends (NCTT 2016) September, 2016, Thiruvananthapuram, India
20.Vijayaleksmi Dr Bisharathubeevi.A S.S RamaIyer” Modelling and simulation of photovoltaic array suitable for a DC Micro grid” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 8(17)2015-2026.
21.Binu Dr .Bisharathu beevi.A “A New Approach for the Solution of the Solar Wind Hybrid system with maximum Power point tracking Micro grid International Journal of Applied Engineering Research “
22.Shimmer P.P Dr .Bisharathu beevi.A A Hybrid DSTATCOM Topology With Reduced DC Link Voltage Rating for Load Compensation” International journal Review of Applied Engineering Research (IRAER).Anew Approach for the solution of Reactive Power
23.Dr .Bisharathu beevi.A , Rajesh K S, Dr RamaIyer “ A new Approach for the solution of Reactive Power Compensation through Reactive Current Controlled SVC and Active International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering Research, ( IJASER) – Volume 2 Issue 5/6
24.Kamaladevi Dr Bisharathubeevi.A. A Dr.s.Rama Iyer“A Impact of solar distributed generation on LT grid of Kerala,IJMER journal Vol.5 issue 12,December 2015 25. Kamaladevi,Dr Bisharathubeevi.A., A Dr. S. Rama Iyer“ Energy management and load despatch flow using K map for battery management system integrated with solar microgrid tied inverters.IJEAT journal,vol.6 issue 5 june 2017