Dr. K Krishnakumar
Ph. D (IIT Madras, 2004)
M.E (Anna University Madras, 1989)
B.Tech(TKM College of Engineering Kollam,1987)
i) Department of Technical Education
|Lecturer||01-03-1990 to 30-5-2000|
|Asst. professor||31-05-2000 to 31-12-2005|
|Professor (CAS)||1-1-2006 to 18-6-2009|
|Professor (Cadre)||05-08- 2008 to Till Date|
|Head of the Department||01-06-2016 to 05-06-2018|
|Dean (Research)||06-06-2018 to Till date|
ii) In Industry
|Coal India Ltd||Management Trainee||
- K. Krishnakumar and G. Venkatarathnam, “Transient Testing of Perforated Plate Matrix Heat Exchangers”, (2003), Cryogenics, 43, 101-109.
- K. Krishnakumar and G. Venkatarathnam, “On the Use of Time at Maximum Slope in Determining the Heat Transfer Coefficients in Complex Surfaces Using the Single Blow Transient Test Method”,(2007),Int. Journal of Heat Exchangers, Vol VIII, 31-44.
- K. Krishnakumar and G. Venkatarathnam, “Heat Transfer and Flow Friction Characteristics of Perforated Plate Matrix Heat Exchangers”, (2007), Int. Journal of Heat Exchangers Vol VIII, 45-60.
- K. Krishnakumar , J Anish and G Venkatarathnam, “Experimental Methods for Analysing Compact Heat Exchangers”, Int. Jl. of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 35, (2011), 738-743.
- Navid Bozorgan, K. Krishnakumar and Nariman Bozorgan, “Numerical Study on Application of CuO-water Nanofluid in Automotive Diesel Engine Radiator”, Int. Jl. of Modern Mechanical Engineering, 2012, 2, 130-136.
- Anish K. John, K. Krishnakumar, Rathish T. R,” Numerical Method to Determine Effective Thermal Conductivity of Perforated Plate Matrix Heat Exchanger Surfaces and its Experimental Validation”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 5, May-2014, ISSN 2229-5518.
- Vineetha S Das and K Krishnakumar, “A Study on the Effect of Market and Stock Specific Factors on Investment Behavior of Investors in Bombay Stock Exchange”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 5, Issue 7,
pp 614-616, 2014, ISSN 2229-5518
- Vinodkumar V M, K. Krishnakumar and Anish K John, “Effect of Spacers on Perforated Plate Matrix Surfaces”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol.5, Issue7, pp 953-958, 2014.
- Vineetha S Das and K Krishnakumar, “Över reaction and Under Reaction in Stock Market: A Review”, International Jl. Of Research in Business Management, Vol. 3, Issue 3, 49-56, 2015, ISSN(P): 2347-4572
- Aneeshkumar J, K Krishnakumar and S Savithri, “Computer Simulation of Centrifugal Casting Process using FLOW-3D”, Materials Science Forum,
Vols. 830-831, pp. 53-56, 2015.
- Navaneeth. K, K. Krishnakumar and Anish J, ”Effect of Perforation Shape and Porosity on Thermal Conductivity of Matrix Heat Exchanger Plates”, Int. Jl. Of Applied Thermal Engg., 106, 432-437, 2016.
- Vineetha S Das and K Krishnakumar, “Över Reaction and Underreaction in Indian Stock Market: Comparison based on Analysis Considering Two Different Sets of Stocks – Short Term and Long Term Perspective”, Int. Jl. of Industrial Engineering Research and Development, 2016(In Press).
- Anish K. John, K. Krishnakumar, “Optimization of Perforated Plate Matrix Heat Exchanger Surfaces using Taguchi and analysis of Variance Method”, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2016
- Performing Multi-Objective Optimization on Perforated Plate Matrix Heat Exchanger Surfaces using Genetic Algorithm, International Journal for Simulation and Multidisciplinary Design Optimization, Edn Sciences, Vol. 8, 2017, A3
- Sobin. A, Anjan. R. N and K. Krishnakumar, “Experimental and numerical study on heat transfer enhancement of flat tube radiator using Al2O3 and CuO nanofluids”, Int. Jl., Heat and mass Transfer, 2017.
- Satheeshkumar M., Krishnakumar K. (2018) Study on Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders among Coir Industry Workers in the State of Kerala, India. In: Ray P., Maiti J. (eds) Ergonomic Design of Products and Worksystems – 21st Century Perspectives of Asia. Managing the Asian Century. Springer, Singapore.
- Sobin. A, Sarath S R, Anjan. R. N and K. Krishnakumar, “Investigations on convective heat transfer enhancement in circular tube radiator using Al2O3 and CuO nanofluids”, Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, ASME,Vol. 10, 2018.
- Ranjith S Kumar, Krishnakumar K, Naveen PT, Rajesh Simhadri, “Dynamics of single droplet impact on cylindrically-curved superheated surfaces”, Journal of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, (Under Review), 2018.
- K. Krishnakumar and G. Venkatarathnam, “On the Limitations of the Hyperbolic Dispersion Model in Reducing the Transient Test data of Compact Heat Exchangers” Int. Jl. of Applied Thermal Engg., (Under Review), 2018.
Additional Charges in the Department
- Air Conditioning Unit: In charge of AC unit of Dept. of Mechanical Engg. since June, 2006.
- Heat Engines Lab: Lab in Charge of Heat Engines Lab of Dept. of Mechanical Engg. since June, 2009.
- Member, Consultative Committee, CERD till today.