Prof. Deepa Rani R.B.Arch,M Tech( Building Technology and Construction Management)
Department of Architecture,
College of Engineering Trivandrum (C.E.T.).
Graduate in Architecture from College of Engineering, Trivandrumand Masters in Building Technology and Construction Management from IIT Madras, developed interest towards Building Science through the various projects under taken IIT Madras. As a researcher in building science always had an inclination towards social and environmental sustainability where in building plays a major role.
Started my career as Assistant Professor in MES school of Architecture, Kuttippuramin 2002, followed by my tenure as Assistant Professor in Architecture Department, College of Engineering, Trivandrum from July 2004 till date.
Research Interest/Area of Interest
My research interests are building energy use, thermal comfort, window optical and thermal properties. Building Physics (energy performance, thermodynamics and heat transfer, lighting, acoustics), Building Performance Simulation, Building Controls and Diagnostics, Building Automation, Building Information Modelling, Building Ecology, and Human Ecology.
Research projects/ Consultation Works
Coordinated an interior design project for RajBhavan, Kerala and submitted the drawings with the help of students in 2009
Took lead role in the preparation of Integrated Cluster Action Plan for Vellanad-Aryanad Cluster under National urban Mission.
Influence of window glazing on human thermal comfort distribution parameters inside a room.
Current Research Works
Research on Thermal Performance and Comfort in Residential Buildings in different climatic zones in India (on going).
Research on Thermal Mapping in Cities, Local Climate zones, Urban Energy computing and modelling.
Life member Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi – CA/2001/28642
Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) – CM 53821
Life member of Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) Member of IBPSA – International Building Performance Simulation Association
Member of WSSET – World wide Society for Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Deepa Rani R and Ramachandraiah A (2008), Effect of Window Glazing on Human Thermal Comfort Parameters, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, SET 2008, Seoul, Korea.
- Deepa Rani R and Ramachandraiah A (2008), Development of a Simulation tool to assess the Performance of Window Glazing on Occupant Thermal Comfort, Proceedings of GREEN 09 Conference, Trivandrum, India.
- Deepa Rani R and Ramachandraiah A (2013), Optimization of window glazing properties for Indoor Thermal Comfort in Chennai climate, Conference proceedings: International Conference on Advances in Building Sciences, Chennai, India.
- Deepa Rani R (2017), “Thermal Performance of individual apartments in naturally ventilated multi-storeyed residential buildings in hot humid environment”, Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, SET 2017, Bologna, Italy.
- Vidya MP and Deepa Rani R (2017) “Integration of Local Climate Zone into City Planning”, International Conference on Materials Mechanics and Management IMMM-2017, Collegeof Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Vidya MP and Deepa Rani R (2017) “Local climate zone-influencing factors to be considered for city planning”, NationalConferenceon TechnologicalTrends NCTT-2017, Collegeof Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- RaizaSafiulla and Deepa Rani R (2017) “Mitigating Urban Heat Islands – Case of Marine Drive, Kochi”, National Conference on Technological Trends NCTT-2017, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, India.