COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING TRIVANDRUM
ENGINEERING COLLEGE (P.O.), THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695016
COVID 19 ADVISORY FOR STUDENTS
Students are advised to follow the following public health measures and protocols in the campus, hostel and premises to reduce the risk of COVID-19:
- MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCING of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as possible.
- USE FACE COVERS/MASKS compulsorily.
- WASH HANDS frequently with soap. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers wherever possible.
- FOLLOW RESPIRATORY ETIQUETTES strictly. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose, while coughing/sneezing, with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- AVOID GROUP ACTIVITIES (both formal and informal), cultural activities, meeting etc. However, such extracurricular and sports activities may be allowed where physical distancing is feasible and is in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs guidelines, issued under Disaster Management Act, 2005 from time to time.
- RUB HANDS WITH SANITIZER, while entering the department building/hostel/new premises.
- DO NOT SPIT in Public Places.
- SELF-ISOLATE AND REPORT to the college authorities and health department in case of any symptoms of COVID-19.
- INCULCATE ACTIVITIES THAT WILL INCREASE IMMUNITY-BOOSTING mechanism which may include exercise, yoga, eating fresh fruits and healthy food (avoid fast food), sleeping well and in time.
- ENSURE THE NORMS OF PHYSICAL DISTANCING, sanitization and hygienic conditions for use of common facilities, viz., Auditorium, Conference/ Seminar halls, Sports, Gymnasium, Canteen, and Parking Area etc.
- DO NOT SHARE BOOKS, OTHER LEARNING MATERIAL, PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND EATABLES.
- DO WEAR THE ID CARDS in the campus and produce it for verification, whenever demanded.
- AVOID DISCRIMINATION OF FELLOW STUDENTS in respect of whom there is a history of COVID-19 disease in the family.
- GIVE SUPPORT TO YOUR FRIENDS under stress due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- The students living in containment zones will not be allowed to attend the college. Students are also advised not to visit areas falling within containment zones.
- To avoid the risk of transmission, the students, faculty and staff will be thermally screened. Symptomatic persons are advised to get clinically assessed before allowing them entry into the LAB/Classroom. Those having symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty in breathing are strictly prohibited from entering the campus.
- Study tour, field work etc. will be restricted keeping in mind the COVID-19 situation. All such programmes and extracurricular activities should be avoided where physical distancing is not possible.
- Clean and hygienic protocols, as per safety and health advisories of the concerned government departments, are to be followed at all places, including hostel kitchens, mess, washrooms, libraries, class rooms etc.
- CONTACT HOSTEL WARDEN/STAFF ADVISORS/HODS IN CASE OF HEALTH EMERGENCIES.
COVID HELPLINE NUMBERS: 1077, 0471-2733433, 9188610100 (Mobile), 0471 241 8038 (PHC, Pangappara)