|Central Computing Facility|
|1.MATLAB & Simulink|
|Developed By : Mathworks|
|Application : MATLAB can be used as a tool for simulating various electrical networks but the recent developments in MATLAB make it a very competitive tool for Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Image processing, Wireless communication, Machine learning, Data analytics and what not. Though its mostly used by circuit branches and mechanical in the engineering domain to solve a basic set of problems its application is vast. It is a tool that enables computation, programming and graphically visualizing the results.|
Advantages : Matlab allows you to|
• Implement and test your algorithms easily
• Develop the computational codes easily
• Debug easily
• Use a large database of built in algorithms
• Process still images and create simulation videos easily
• Symbolic computation can be easily done
• Call external libraries
• Perform extensive data analysis and visualization
• Develop application with graphics user interface
|Developed By : National Instruments|
|Application : LabVIEW offers a graphical programming approach that helps you visualize every aspect of your application, including hardware configuration, measurement data, and debugging. This visualization makes it simple to integrate measurement hardware from any vendor, represent complex logic on the diagram, develop data analysis algorithms, and design custom engineering user interfaces.|
LabVIEW is used for 4 main purposes:
• Automated Manufacturing test of a component/sub-system/system.
• Automated Product design validation of a component/sub-system/system.
• Control and/or monitoring of a machine/piece of industrial equipment/process.
• Condition monitoring of a machine/piece of industrial equipment.
Advantages : Ease of first acquisition for DAQ.|
The NI ecosystem.
Lowered barrier to entry for FPGA-based programming.
Measurement data visualization.
Ease of interfacing with instrumentation.
Ease of interfacing over different communication links.